Want something that's rich, sweet, AND higher protein? Definitely a better option than a box of chocolates. Just remember, this sits overnight, so start this the day before your romantic evening!
Couer a la Creme
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pound small strawberries or other berries, hulled, quartered (about 1 2/3 cups)
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, greek yogurt, 4 tablespoons powdered sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt in large bowl until smooth, about 4 minutes. You want the texture similar to thick whipped cream.
- Line a 7-inch sieve with cheesecloth or paper towels so the ends drape over the sides and suspend it over a bowl, making sure that there is space between the bottom of the sieve and the bottom of the bowl for the liquid to drain. Pour the cream mixture into the cheesecloth, fold the ends over the top, and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir the berries with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar; let stand 30 minutes.
- To serve, discard the liquid at the bottom of the bowl. Unmold the cream onto a plate, drizzle the berries around the cream, and serve.