Looking for something robust to perk up a winter day's (or night's) meal? Try this one out- Everything you need is available year round, fresh or canned.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 red bell pepper (roasted red pepper works well too)
- 6 plum tomatoes (canned san marzano tomatoes work well too)
- 1 head garlic, halved and paper removed
- 1 vidalia or yellow onion, halved
- 1/4 C almonds, no skin
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tbsp kosher salt.
- Preheat oven to 350. Place peppers, onion, tomatoes, and garlic on a roasting pan, and lightly coat with oil. Roast until the veggies are soft, roughly 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once cool, blend all ingredients together except olive oil. while the blender/food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil to the mixture in a steady stream. That's it!
**This is a fantastic dipping sauce for veggies, and a great pairing with pork or chicken.**