None of us will forget those magical moments during childhood when mom would ask: "Who wants a personal pizza for lunch today?" Pizza also happens to be one of those "bad reputation" foods. Food that is high in both fat and carbs, not-to-mention low in protein. What is there to do?! We have goals, dammit! Well ... We take a cue from mom and make our very own personal-pan pizza. Try this amazing Pesto Chicken Pizza recipe we found, tried, and fell in love with!
- 1 Small Whole Wheat Tortilla
- 1 Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Pepper (about 2 pinches)
- 3 tbsp Pesto
- 1/4 cup Broccoli Florets
- 1/4 cup Sundried tomato
- 1/2 cup Asparagus (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup aged white cheddar
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then saute on medium-high heat until 75% done.
- Preheat over at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly coat baking sheet with spray and place tortilla on tray.
- Spread the pesto base evenly around the tortilla leaving the outside edge free for the crust.
- Combine broccoli florets, sundried tomato, asparagus and cover the pesto.
- Top with chicken and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes, top with the cheese and broil until the cheese is done.