DID YOU KNOW -- that the vibrant colors of fruits and veggies aren't just for us to look at? They also tell us which special disease-fighting phytonutrients are inside!
To maximize your health eat 1 cup of each color each day!
- To get more green's in your diet consume foods like: green tea, kale, spinach, eat a variety of salad greens, make a bean salad with vinaigrette, add parsley to hummus, microwave frozen greek peas, and steamed broccoli.
- To get more red's in your diet consume foods like: watermelon, grapefruit, use tomato sauces for veggies and pasta, add raspberries and walnuts to oatmeal, homemade tomato soup, try cherries with cocoa powder in a smoothie.
- To get more yellow's in your diet: consume foods like oranges, clementines, cantaloupe, make a mango salad, add peaches or pineapple to smoothies, try carrot and sweet potato soup, add ginger to sauces, soups, and dressings.
- To get more white's in your diet try: adding garlic and onions to soup and stir-fries, drink green or black tea, snack on apples, add coconut to smoothies, try mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes.
- To get more blue's/purple's in your diet try: snacking on grapes, adding blueberries to oatmeal and smoothies, try a roasted beet salad, snack on strawberries.