Salsa is a summertime staple, but there's no reason why you have to be stuck with Mild Tostito's straight from the grocery store. Try this sweet, yet savory mango salsa from Coach Jenna:
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced (about 1 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño chile, minced (include ribs and seeds for a spicier taste if desired)
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 T fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 T fresh lime juice
- Salt & pepper to add taste
1.) Prep your ingredients and combine in a bowl. Stirring onion, mango, chile, and cucumber together first before adding seasonings. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2.) Serve with cucumber slices, tortilla chips, or use it to spice up a grilled protein of choice.
Coach's Tip:Add some guacamole to cut the spice if you make it too hot! You can also double the recipe and prep on Sunday to have for the rest of the week to spice up some rather mundane dishes!