The holidays are coming, and with that means eating rich, calorically dense foods that are not part of our day-to-day eating plans. A great way to avoid falling off the food wagon is to plan ahead. Eating a fresh salad that is nutritionally sound with the appropriate balance of protein to fat is the perfect way.
- 8 c. romaine lettuce
- 1 c. halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 c. corn
- 2 c. chicken (grilled or broiled)
- 1/2 large avocado, sliced
- 1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 c. toasted pine nuts
- 3 T. white wine vinegar
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place chopped romaine lettuce in a large salad bowl.
- Add in the remaining salad ingredients and toss.
- Then, in a small bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, olive oil and dijon mustard.
- When ready to eat, pour desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss to coat evenly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.