Pineapple juice helps tenderize. We know this. Pineapple juice plus pork, some aromatics, and a slow cooker? Now we're talking.
- 3-4 lbs pork shoulder, cut into 2" chunks
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 stalk lemongrass, chopped
- 1 2" knob of ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped.
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha (optional)
- 2 guajillo chiles, stemmed and seeded
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
(NOTE: guajillo chiles can be found at hispanic markets, or online.)
Place everything in the slow cooker, and cook on low for 3-5 hours, depending on volume. Garnish with chopped cilantro, Serve and enjoy!