We have continued forward with our Crockpot Chronicles this month, as it is still blistering cold and let's get real ... Crockpots are one of the greatest inventions on this earth.
So we ask this age-old question: Do have the time for coq au vin? No? Try this one out!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 3-4 lb chicken, cut into segments, or 4 thigh leg quarters.
- 1 bottle full bodied red wine, preferably burgundy.
- In a sauté pan, cook onions, carrots, and celery until soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Scrape into slow cooker, add all other ingredients, filling up the crock with wine until the meat is almost covered, but not to the brim.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve with fresh peas or sautéed spinach!